Our International Business Associates LAWITT HAMILTON TAX & LEGAL, based in Moscow & Cyprus, are seeking to recruit an experienced Lawyer in FOREX practice for their Limassol – Cyprus office.
This position comprises capacities of both: Corporate administrator & Compliance officer.
Responsibilities as Corporate administrator:
- Supervision and management of portfolio of clients.
- Interaction with Cyprus Registrar of Companies on behalf of clients.
- Formation of both Cyprus and Overseas Companies for clients as well formation and maintenance of all available companies.
- Communication with the client and review of new client “KYC” documentation ensuring compliance with Company policy and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
- Perusal, review of various corporate agreements and arranging for execution by the Directors of the Companies.
- Preparation, review and execution of various secretarial services/documents of the Companies including minutes, resolutions, instruments of transfer, share certificates, incumbency certificates as well as Specific Powers of Attorney etc.
- Preparation and execution of bank account application forms when necessary, creation of payments and communication with all banks whether in Cyprus or abroad.
- Communication with providers/agents of overseas Companies
- Interaction with Cyprus Security and Exchange Commission.
- Applying for Forex broker license on behalf of the clients, including drafting, preparation all necessary documents.
- Supervising the whole process of obtaining Forex license.
Responsibilities as Compliance officer :
- Assist in the compliance risk assessment process ensuring that all compliance risks are appropriately identified, assessed, reported and monitored.
- Maintain a good understanding of the relevant regulatory requirements and provide advice and guidance to the clients.
- Keep abreast and review of new and amended regulations and advise on necessary actions to be taken.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic and other reports to be submitted to the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a risk-based compliance monitoring program.
- Conduct reviews/audits of departments, key business and other processes and activities to ensure the continued adherence to and effective implementation of policies, procedures and regulations.
- Develop, maintain and update of compliance and AML manuals, policies, procedures and controls and ensure their compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Identify, examine and report suspicious activities related to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Provide training to employees on compliance-related matters, including internal policies and procedures, the application of guidelines and standards and relevant regulatory requirements, promoting and enhancing a strong company-wide compliance culture.
- University Degree in Law
- Advanced Certification of the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission will be considered a significant advantage.
- At least 2+ years of experience in a similar position, preferably at law firms or financial services institution.
- Previous experience in the Forex industry will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of the regulatory regime for financial markets and investment firms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Greek & English language.
- Computer literate.
- Commercial orientation and awareness.
- Practical approach in understanding and applying regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously.
- Team player.
Attractive remuneration subject to experience and qualifications.
All applications will be viewed and kept in strict confidence.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified.